Book Your Cheap Flights To New Orleans
New Orleans Airports
When you fly into the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, you can easily arrive in the Big Easy. This Louisiana airport, about 15 miles east of downtown New Orleans, is a short distance from Crescent City’s jazz music, Creole food, and antebellum history. Book cheap flights to New Orleans via this airport for convenient access to the city’s top attractions.
When passing via your terminal, Louis Armstrong International Airport offers a range of services to suit your needs. When hunger strikes, grab a sandwich or a slice of pizza on the go or dine at one of the restaurants. There are also many newsstands and gift shops at the airport where you can get snacks and entertainment for your flight or last-minute souvenirs. Furthermore, if you are traveling with a service animal, relief stations are located near the baggage claim. More information about Louis Armstrong International Airport can be found here.
After you’ve booked your flights to New Orleans, explore your options for ground transportation. Reserve one of the New Orleans car rentals available right here to have your own set of wheels waiting for you when you arrive, or go the extra mile and book a limousine to arrive in style. The Airport-Downtown Express city bus serves the airport, but if you choose to skip public transit, taxis are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Top tips on seeking cheap flights to New Orleans
- Book at least 1 week before departure to get a lower-than-average offer.
- High season is known to be March, April and May. August is the easiest month to fly to New Orleans.
- Enter your favourite departure airport and travel dates in the search form above to access the best New Orleans flight offers.
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) is the main airport for New Orleans and South-East Louisiana. It’s just 11 miles west of downtown New Orleans, offering quick and easy connections from airport to community.
- Would you have to charge your phone on the go? New Orleans International has partnered up with Mobile Qubes to help you do just that. Qubes are portable chargers that allow you to charge a wide range of electronic devices quickly and easily. The Mobile Qubes kiosks are placed by Baggage Claim and all of the airport competitions.
- A range of travel options, such as limousine, cab, bus, and shuttle services, are available to carry guests from the airport to the city center and to other places in the city. Shuttle busses are one of the cheaper methods; however, they stop a lot of times and can take up to an hour. Taxis, on the other hand, are very cheap in New Orleans and provide a direct route to anywhere you go after your flight to New Orleans.
- Nothing says the New Orleans like Live Music and, thanks to Delaware North Companies (DNC), live music can be seen at four different places at Armstrong International Airport. Pre-and post-security venues exist, meaning that even the general public can come and watch the performances. Performances are performed during the week, but, if your flight is on a Tuesday or a Thursday, you can hope to be met by a piece of jazz that will make Louis Armstrong proud of himself.
- Visitors should also remember that while streetcars do not run to the airport, they are also a wonderful and historic way to get from the city center to other parts of New Orleans. In addition, streetcars are an inexpensive and effective mode of travel, so what better way to experience New Orleans?
Most people equate New Orleans with Mardi Gras, but there are plenty to do and do all year round. Walking tours are a wonderful way to see the nature and culture of the region and learn a variety of folklore. The French Quarter is still popular with visitors, and you can try the beignet, the famous pastry in the region. If you’re going through the football season, you can go to the Superdome and watch the Saints play.
There are also quite a variety of museums in the city. Nature lovers will experience and enjoy themselves at the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, the Audubon Insectarium, the Audubon Park, or the Audubon Zoo. New Orleans is also renowned for its interesting cemeteries like the Metairie and you can book your Cheap flights to New Orleans.