Cheap Flights to Tampa
Your Tampa vacation guide
During the peak travel season, Tampa flights and hotels fill up quickly, but during the off-season, visitors seeking inexpensive hotels and ticket bargains to Tampa are more likely to find them.
Peak Season: Most visitors prefer October through April. Hotels, clubs, discos, restaurants, stores, and attractions are all packed, and the performing arts are in full swing.
Off Season: Budget-conscious tourists have discovered that summers near Tampa’s coast are pleasant because of the ocean breezes, and many west coast hotels have substantially lowered their rates. Flights to Tampa may be cheaper right now.
When is the best time to book a trip to Tampa?
The pleasant weather, surrounding beaches, and tourist attractions attract a lot of people every year, but notably from March to August. The greatest ticket and accommodation bargains are available in the fall and winter, when there is a modest decrease in travel as school breaks finish. If you want to fly, buy your tickets at least one to two months in advance to take advantage of early bird rates.
Which day is the cheapest to fly to Tampa?
Thursday is presently the cheapest day to travel to Tampa. Flying on Sunday will result in increased flight charges.
When is the most cost-effective time to travel to Tampa?
When visiting Tampa, consider booking a flight in the afternoon to obtain the best deal. Flights at midday, in general, have more demand and hence higher rates.
Travel Guide to Tampa
Tampa Bay, on Florida’s west coast, boasts some of the greatest beaches in the world. Those who take inexpensive flies to the Tampa during the off season may enjoy the sea brises by combining excursions to the beaches, the lakes and the Hillsborough River, or they can spend their whole journey on the water and in it.
When you walk off a flight to Tampa, you are confronted with something else than the normal glamour and glam of Florida’s southern towns. Just a couple more golf courses and a more relaxed way of life and you’ve arrived in Tampa. Travelers on Tampa flights will find beautiful beaches, a bright sky, and plenty of golf. There are also plenty of activities for the youngsters! Busch Gardens is located in Tampa, and it is a wildlife city where endangered animals and eager humans mingle among the throng. Take the entire family to Tampa for a memorable vacation.
It’s no surprise that Tampa Bay is surrounded by one of Florida’s largest estuaries and has a plethora of water fowl. Some of the gorgeous birds that may be observed in Tampa on a daily basis are endangered species. The region is also a wildlife sanctuary, with many nature parks and refuges. The well-known Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge is home to one of Florida’s major sanctuaries for West Indian Manatees. And, of course, Busch Gardens in Tampa is home to more than 35 endangered species and is well-known for its breeding efforts. The gardens are a quirky mash-up of a theme park and a zoo. Throughout the year, they offer a variety of events, such as special night-time openings for Halloween and large concerts for New Year’s Eve. The tiny Lowry Park Zoo is also close, but if you stick to the beaches, you might see a manatee or dolphin instead.
In the 1880s, Cuban immigrants established Tampa’s Ybor City cigar business, which helped put Tampa on the map. People booking Tampa flights looking for the greatest entertainment and party destinations come directly to Ybor City. The city continues to flourish on the tourist dollar, thanks to millions of tourists planning visits to Tampa for conferences and business expos.
The majority of visitors booking Tampa flights are headed west to Florida’s Gulf Coast. However, it is recommended to stay in Tampa for a few days before heading down to the shore. Busch Gardens, the Gonzalez y Martinez Cigar Factory, and a night of dining and people watching in Ybor City are among the main attractions for visitors to Tampa.
What is the weather like in Tampa?
During the summer months, Tampa may get extremely hot and humid. This is great news since at this time of year, flights and accommodations are usually less costly, and it is possible to get a fantastic bargain. The hurricane season lasts from early June until late November. December through May is the most pleasant period of the year, with typical temperatures ranging from 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and significantly less rain. January is the coldest month, with temperatures ranging from the mid 50s to the low 70s.
How long is the flight to Tampa?
As a famous tourist location, Tampa has a strong demand for flights from major airlines. Expect a two-hour drive from Houston or a six-hour drive from San Francisco to Tampa International Airport. Nonstop flights from New York or Chicago take around three hours.
Which airlines travel to Tampa?
More than a dozen major airlines service Tampa International Airport, making it simple to book tickets at any time of year. American, Delta, Southwest, Jet Blue, United, and Alaska Airlines are the best domestic airlines to fly with. For international vacations, look for available flights from British Airways, Air Canada, Lufthansa, and Cayman Airways.
What should you bring on a flight to Tampa?
For much of the year, the weather is sunny and humid, so bring shorts, sandals, sundresses, and sunscreen to remain cool. Short rainstorms are typical in the summer, and having a light jacket and cap on hand might help you stay dry. During the winter months of November to February, the weather is colder and drier, with temperatures frequently dipping below 20 degrees at night. Pack some longer pants, skirts, and sweaters to be warm, although the coolest winter days in Tampa may be quite pleasant if you’re from a chilly climate.
Getting to and around Tampa
The major airport in Tampa is Tampa International Airport (TPA), which is about 6 miles (9.6 km) from the city. There are numerous bus routes that run between the airport and the city. Car and Taxis rentals are also available.
There are several ways to travel between downtown Tampa and Ybor City. You may walk, but the remainder of the city is serviced by a network of buses, trolleys, and antique electric streetcars. To go to the airport, Ybor City, Busch Gardens, or the Museum of Science and Industry, take one of the HART line buses. If you’re traveling around the conclusion or beginning of the winter season, you’ll notice increased traffic on weekends. Many northerners visit Florida to escape the snow, and north-south roads can rapidly get congested.
What are some activities to do in Tampa?
Tampa caters to families and visitors who are looking for adventure and excitement. Theme parks, zoos, and shopping locations keep you busy throughout the day, while nightlife activities highlight the college culture and Cuban influences that make the Tampa Bay area unique.
Plan a trip to Hyde Park Village, a gorgeous outlet mall situated against a backdrop of tree-lined pathways and attractive fountains. This renowned shopping destination is home to national and local businesses, as well as a year-round program of seasonal and themed events. Spend the evening in the historic Ybor district, where you can try an authentic Cubano sandwich, listen to live music at the Orpheum, or dance at the Czar nightclub.
If you’re visiting for a few days, get a city pass to save money on entry to major attractions, including the Lowry Park Zoo, Busch Gardens, Florida Aquarium, and the Museum of Science and Industry. At Busch Gardens, animal enthusiasts may walk through naturalistic habitats and get up close and personal with exotic birds and large cats, while thrill seekers can ride the country’s first diving coaster, SheiKra. Are you a big animal lover? Feed giraffes, ride an open-air tram, and wander through a prehistoric park filled with interactive dinosaurs at Lowry Park Zoo.
Tampa is home to a number of historic structures, including the iconic Tampa Theatre, which was completed in 1926. Whether you’re looking for a classic, foreign, or independent film, the live organ shows, beautiful decor, and nostalgic staff are guaranteed to win you over. Take advantage of this seaside position with boat excursions or a picturesque drive down Bayshore Boulevard, a wonderful vantage point for visitors who like to take images of the water.
Every visit to Tampa provides fresh activities, making it simple to arrange a dynamic vacation that suits everyone in your party.
Suggestions for your visit to Tampa
- At the Tampa Theater, you may see a live performance or a first-run or classic film. This historic theater, which opened in 1926, is adorned with a star-spangled dome, mythical sculptures, and a massive Wurlitzer organ. The manatees at the Tampa Electric Company are a free attraction. The water temperature in the Electric Company’s canal is at least 68 degrees, which is ideal for a manatee. When the temperature in Tampa Bay falls below 68 degrees Fahrenheit, there might be up to 300 manatees in the canal. You may visit the manatees from November 1 through April 15.
- Before California was discovered, Florida was making wine. Eden Vines & Winery is located a little over an hour south of Tampa Bay and is the southernmost federally permitted winery and vineyards in the United States. Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards is Florida’s largest winery and is located approximately an hour south of Tampa. The free Weekly Planet, as well as the Thursday Tampa Tribune, include up-to-date lists of what’s going on while you’re in town. Tampa is the largest city on Florida’s west coast and has all of the attractions, entertainment, culture, and fine arts that one would expect from a large metropolis. Exhibits at the Tampa Museum of Art include old masters, twentieth-century American art, sculpture, and works by young Florida artists. The Tampa Bay Performing Arts Complex, with five distinct theaters and a performing arts conservatory, is the biggest performing arts center in the southeastern United States. Through hands-on activities and exhibitions, the Museum of Science and Industry (MOSI) addresses health, the environment, and outer space. The Channelside entertainment complex, which includes shops, art galleries, eating options, a 3D IMAX Theater, nightclubs, and athletic events, is located at the heart of the downtown waterfront.
Discovering Flights from Tampa
If you’re looking for a change of scenery, the website is your go-to resource for booking excursions from Tampa to places all over the world. Tampa International Airport, the transport center of the Tampa Bay area, offers nonstop flights to more than 70 major destinations. American, Southwest, Delta, Silver Airways, Lufthansa, Copa Airlines, British Airways, and Spirit Airlines are among the domestic and international airlines available. Begin your journey with great flight offers from Tampa to popular destinations:
Do you require dependable airport transportation? Tampa is a bustling city with several alternatives for arriving on time. For simple public transportation, the Hillsborough Area Regional Transit system delivers buses straight to the airport, or you may connect with a Greyhound bus. If you want a more private trip, reserve a cab, a rental vehicle, or a seat in a shared van. There is no need to miss a flight because the city has many taxi and van vendors accessible by appointment.
For flights to Tampa, which airport do you fly into?
If you want to go to Tampa, your sole choice is to book a flight to Tampa (TPA). The distance between Tampa and the city center is about 4.9 miles.
How common are Tampa flights this year?
When compared to the previous year, demand for flights to Tampa has decreased by 19%.
Top methods for locating low-cost flights to Tampa
- Looking for a low-cost flight to Tampa? 25% of our users discovered tickets to Tampa for the following rates or less: Raleigh, North Carolina From Detroit, one-way tickets are $58 and round-trip tickets are $82. From Los Angeles, one-way tickets are $86 and round-trip tickets are $119. A one-way ticket is $136. -Round-trip fare of $165
- Book at least one week before departure to obtain a lower-than-average rate.
- The months of Jan, Nov, and Dec are considered high season. August is the cheapest month to fly to Tampa.
- To get the best Tampa flight prices, enter your desired departure airport and travel dates into the search box above.
- Traveling may be difficult for people with special needs and their families, and Tampa International Airport (TPA) understands this. That is why the TPA 360 program exists. TPA 360 is a traveler education program that seeks to empower people with intellectual, physical, or developmental disabilities so that they, too, may fly confidently. The session consists of a walking tour that teaches participants about airport terminology and processes. It is held on the second Monday of each month, and reservations are required in advance.
- Want to work out before your flight but don’t have time to go to the gym? Tampa International is ready to assist you. There are several walking paths throughout the airport to help you get your steps in before you take to the skies.
- For tourists seeking flights to Tampa, Orlando International Airport is a fantastic backup choice. If your end destination is a neighboring city rather than Tampa, Orlando is also worth considering. Whether you want to visit the springs in Central Florida or the beaches in the south, both Orlando and Tampa have excellent airports.
- St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport (PIE) also serves the Tampa Bay Area and is an excellent option for visitors. It is about seventeen miles southwest of Tampa.
- Is eating locally on your list of things to do in Tampa? Then go to Bay Coffee and Tea Company at Tampa International Airport. Bay Coffee is a Tampa-based company that was formed in 2004 with the purpose of delivering organic coffee to farmers’ markets around the Tampa Bay Area. They currently have a few shops scattered around Tampa, but there is no more convenient choice for tourists than the location located at Tampa International.
Shopping and Eating
The city boasts a diverse gastronomic scene, with tiny cafés, bistros, bakeries, and the most popular farm-to-table restaurants. There is no shortage of restaurants providing Colombian, Italian, Vietnamese, Italian, Floribbean, Puerto Rican, and Cuban food. A wide variety of marine food delights should be available here. The most well-known meals in Tampa are the Cuban sandwich and the Deviled crab. Many fast-food establishments may also be found around the city. Ybor City, the town’s historical district, is well-known for its pubs and nightclubs. Head to Hyde Park or Channelside if you’re searching for an expensive and fashionable nightlife spot.
Shoppers in Tampa are spoiled with options. Everything is accessible here, from posh malls to luxury shops, from high-end branded businesses to local flea markets. The major hopping destinations include International Plaza Mall, SoHo District, Palma Ceia Design District, East Lake Square Mall, Westshore Plaza Mall, Hyde Park Village, Channelside, University Mall, Citrus Park Town Center, Couture Designer Resale Boutique, and the Big Top Flea Market. Tampa’s International Plaza and Bay Street are both well-known shopping districts. Plan a vacation in Tampa to experience the finest of Florida in the United States.